Phishing, also called spoofing,is the act of attempting to fraudulently acquire sensitive information, such as passwords and credit card details, by masquerading as a trustworthy person or business with a real need for such information in a seemingly official electronic notification or message. The e-mail directs the user to visit a web site where they are asked to update personal information, such as passwords and credit card, social security, and bank account numbers, that the legitimate organization already has.Bank of Baroda sincerely requests you to read and implement following Instructions to protect yourself from Phishing.
1. Never respond to emails that request personal information
At Bank Of Baroda, we would never ask for your personal details through an email/ phone. Nor would we ask for your password through any means, online or offline.
2. Always check the URL and the Security Certificate.
BarodaConnect eBanking servies is hosted on secured site : www.bobibanking.com only. While clicking on Login button do not forget to check the URL on the Address Bar. Also, at any point you can assure yourself of security by cross checking the security certificate. This can be viewed by clicking on lock icon at status bar at the bottom.
3. Avoid using cyber cafes to access your online accounts as they may be infested with Virus,Trojans or Spywares which might track your activity or worse, compromise your security.
4. Keep your computer secure by Installing and continuously updating Anti Virus software(s).
5.Keep your password top secret and change them often.
Please do NOT disclose you User ID and/or Passwords to any person – not even Bank staff – either Intentionally or otherwise. Periodically change your Passwords.
How does BarodaConnect eBanking protects you from Phishing
Bank, on their part, use 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology certified by Verisign to https://www.bobibanking.com to encrypt the information you send online. This ensures that the information exchanged between your computer and the bank's web site is completely protected and all details such as login and password remain secret. Another safety feature is the timed logout, which means the session is automatically terminated if it's not active for a certain period.
BRIEF ABOUT YOUR PASSWORD
As reported, you will receive two passwords i.e. log in and transaction password. You will have to compulsorily change the password, when you log in for the first time. While changing the password and while subsequently using it, please note that...
- It must be minimum 8 digit long and maximum 16 digit long.
- It must contain an alphabet (A-Z or a-z) and a number (0-9) and a special character (@,$,#,* etc.), all the three.
- It should not contain all the letters used in your user id.
- It is case sensitive i.e. if password is in small letters use the same. If you use capital letters, it will not work.
- For your safety, your password will be blocked, if attempt to log in fails for 5 times. (If your password is blocked (i.e. you perfectly remember your password, but while keying in, you keyed in wrongly for 5 times and it got locked) please submit the form to the branch for enabling the password. Your password will be enabled and you will be able to access Baroda Connect, using the same password).
- While changing the password subsequently, you can’t use any of your last 5 passwords.
- If not changed in 90 days, system will force you to change the password. However, we advise you to keep changing the passwords, at a regular interval.
- If you have forgotten your user ID/ password, please submit forgot password form (attached in the instant guide) to the branch. Bank will generate new password, send you the same in mailer (the way in which you got your first password) and you will be forced to change the password on your log in.
OTHER IMPORTANT SECURITY TIPS
- Do not leave your computer unattended while you are accessing Internet banking services.
- Always type full URL i.e. address of the Internet Banking website. For eg: https://www.bobibanking.com or add this website in your favorites. This will avoid the need for typing the URL every time, you log in and subsequent risk of scouting. Please ensure that https is used while logging in. ‘s’ indicates that this is secured site. You will always see a lock at the bottom right corner of your computer, indicating secured site. If you are not seeing this lock symbol, check if your website address is correct.
- Every time you log in, you are shown the time when you logged in last. If you feel that, you did not log in at the time shown, get alerted immediately. Change your passwords, check all the transactions and ensure that nothing untoward has taken place.
- Please ensure that antivirus on your PC is updated and thereby risk of virus attacks can be reduced. However, anti-virus can not check for spywares. So avoid downloading unwanted softwares from the unreliable websites.
- The recommended browsers are
- Internet Explorer Version 5.5 and above
- Netscape Navigator Version 7.1 and above
- As and when you have finished using Internet Banking, do not forget to log out completely. Further close the window completely, after you log out. Avoid closing the window abruptly, on usage.
- Know your software. Malicious software (e.g., viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and spyware) often masquerades as legitimate and even useful software. Think carefully before installing or running new software, especially anything unsolicited.
- Clear the browser cache regularly and to clear your browser cache in case of Internet Explorer...
- Go to "Tools"
- Go to "Internet Options"
- Select "General"
- Click on "Delete Files" at "Temporary Internet files"
- To clear your browser cache in case of Netscape Navigator...
- Go to "Netscape" or "Edit"
- Go to "Preferences"
- Select or double-click on "Advanced"
- Select "Cache"
- Click on "Clear Memory Cache" and "Clear Disk Cache"